If you advised a hip replacement surgery you may require to undergo :
- Evaluation of status of your teeth, ear, nose, throat and kidneys to rule out hidden infection
- X-ray of your chest
- 2 D echo
Investigations as follows:
- CBC, ESR, Blood sugar fasting and after lunch
- Blood group and Rh factor
- Kidney function tests
- Liver function tests
- Test for HIV
- Test for Australia Antigen
- Test to rule out Hepatitis C
- Routine examination of your stool and urine
- Special tests if indicated
After assessing your reports, you will be referred to a physician for medical fitness, and to the anaesthetist for evaluation.
Prior to surgery you will be familiarised with the exercises which you will be required to do after the surgery.